Quote of the Day (QotD) Jonathan Edwards Resolutions Cont.



2. Resolved, to be continually endeavoring to find out some new invention and contrivance to promote the aforementioned things. - Jonathan Edwards



The aforementioned things – Resolution number 1 "Resolved, that I will do whatsoever I think to be most to God's glory, and my own good, profit and pleasure, in the whole of my duration, without any consideration of the time, whether now, or never so many myriad's of ages hence. Resolved to do whatever I think to be my duty and most for the good and advantage of mankind in general. Resolved to do this, whatever difficulties I meet with, how many and how great soever."



What is most interesting about resolution number 2 is the word "invention." It isn't merely enough to take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves, but rather to look for new ways of bringing God glory and bringing good, profit, pleasure and advantage to others.

Question: What are some ways that you have discovered that do that? Please share your ideas, dreams, goals, etc… in the comments section so that your "invention" won't be stuck in the idea phase.

0 comments:

Post a Comment